Do you get this nice error message when trying to compile on cygwin?
impossible to configure ivy:settings with given file:
java.text.ParseException: failed to load settings from
file:/C:/data/properties/ant/ivy2-conf.xml: impossible to
add configured child for ivy on class
pattern must be absolute
You need to override the dest.repo.dir -property to be a a full path on windows. The easiest way to do it is to specify a system property when running ant:
ant -Ddest.repo.dir=c:/data/ivy-root install
Read the rest of this entry »
Takk til alle som deltok på Lean-sesjonene og diskusjonene etterpå under Smidig2009! Her er slides fra mitt foredrag om verdistrømanalyse (value stream mapping).
In an Open space discussion at Smidig 2009 we discussed which books to read in order to learn more about lean, and specifically kanban in IT. Here are some suggestions:
VisualVM was included for the first time with JDK 6u07, and is improving with every release.
For our production environment there is one huge show stopper: It doesn’t work very well through firewalls. RMI allocates a random port number, which is unpractical when we want to tunnel the traffic with SSH. A possibility has been to use WideCap, tsocks or a similar proxifier, but we were really looking for a cleaner solution.
With a combination of a SOCKS proxy (like putty or openssh!), and setting some system properties on startup, we’ll traverse the firewalls!
Run “ssh -D 9696 your.production.internal.com” and you’ll have a SOCKS server on localhost. (Or add a dynamic tunnel in Putt). In this way you can tunnel jstat traffic with a command like this:
jstat -gcutil -J-DsocksProxyHost=localhost -J-DsocksProxyPort=9696 firstname.lastname@example.org
But unfortunately VisualVM does not support the system properties setting a global SOCKS proxy. However, VisualVM is based on Netbeans, and in the sources we find that Netbeans have a more advanced support for proxies, letting you select between http proxies or SOCKS proxies.
We finally managed to run VisualVM over SSH with the following command line:
visualvm.exe -J-Dnetbeans.system_socks_proxy=localhost:9696 -J-Djava.net.useSystemProxies=true
Some time ago the webcam history table exploded. It’s now purged, and will be kept at a managable size. However, the tablespace was auto-extending, and eating up all the disk space. It’s possible to resize an oracle datafile, down to the highest block that is in use.
alter database datafile ’skiinfo_01.dbf’ resize 1500m;
From metalink, asktom ++ you can find scripts for generating a “map” of the tablespace. We rebuilt tables and indexes that were allocated at the end of the tablespace, and had almost 1000 fragments of free space at the end. The tablespace has automatic segment management, but they were not coalesced (neither automatically by SMON, nor manually worked)- and they were not freeable. We purged the recyclebin of the user, but we still got ORA-03297.
Finally, the solution that worked for us was to logon as /, and issue
Seconds later the free space segments were coalesced, and the resize command worked!
We are trying out a few WordPress plugins for user feedback. We want you, the Skiinfo users, to come with new ideas and feed back on existing features. First plugin out is UserVoice, let’s see how this works…
To test it you need to open this post (click the tile) and use the “Feedback” button on the right hand side.
Thank you for testing! Feel free to give feedback on the feedback plugin in comments or in the tool itself
Our Oracle database experienced a resource intensive query every 30 minutes. Sounds like a cron-job, but I couldn’t find any of ours. However, somewhere in the enterprise manager a query was counting the number of failed logins the last days. But our AUD$ table had 22 million rows… and it had a full scan. A truncate table sys.aud$ got rid of that.
Probably, the full auditing was enabled at some time for debugging, but never turned off.